BRIDES, are you in the NYC area, tomorrow, February 18th? Then get on your mark…get set…and head over to Filene’s Basement for the most intense bridal gown extravaganza of the year. Yes, I’m talking about the Running of the Brides, a special one-day sale where thousands of gowns, normally retailing up to $9000, are drastically marked down to prices ranging anywhere from $249 to $699.
If this is your first time hearing of or planning to attend the Running of the Brides, you’re in for a experience unlike any other you’ll encounter along your bridal journey. Many women will camp out the night before to ensure they are first in line when the doors to Filene’s Basement open at 8am. And when they do, it’ll be every woman for herself as the frenzy to empty racks of dresses, in hopes of finding that perfect wedding gown begins. And forget the concept of dressing rooms as dresses will be tried on in aisles while helpers roam the floor to trade sizes, colors and designers with other teams.
It will be every bit chaotic as it sounds but if you implement simple steps, like: arrive early; recruit your team early and provide them with examples of the type(s) of dresses you’re looking for; pack light for the day, leaving your handbag and makeup home for the day; and making sure you wear boy shorts and a strapless bra, you could very well find your dream dress in no time.
The Running of the Brides event is also scheduled to take place in a Filene’s Basement in the following markets:
- New York City, NY – Broadway and 80th St. (Friday, February 18th, 2011 – 8am to 10pm)
- Boston, MA – Hynes Convention Center (Friday, March 11th, 2011 – 8am to 8pm)
- Atlanta, GA – 3535 Peachtree Road NE (Friday, March 18, 2011 – 8am to 9pm)
- Chicago, IL – One N. State St. (Friday, April 8, 2011 – 8am to 9pm)
- Washington, D.C. – Mazza Gallerie (Friday, April 29, 2011 – 8am to 9pm)