If you’re in New York on the 23rd (of February), you may want to add this film screening to your social itinerary. It’s a love story about reggae music but a love story nonetheless.
Film Screening: The Story of Lover’s Rock
Thursday, February 23, 7 p.m.
Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Auditorium, 3rd Floor
The Story of Lover’s Rock documents the rise of romantic reggae, and its influence on UK culture in the late 1970s and early 80s, through a combination of live performances, interviews, and comedy sketches.
The Story of Lovers Rock sees the welcome return after an absence of 15 years,
one of Britain’s most important storytellers, director Menelik Shabazz.
He is perhaps best known for his award winning feature BURNING AN ILLUSION (1982).
Space is limited, and advance ticket purchase for general admission and entrance to the screening is recommended via www.museumtix.com.
I’m interested in seeing this so check out the preview below and let me know if you plan on checking it out.
If New York City is the destination of your upcoming girls weekend, romantic weekend getaway or destination wedding, you may want to consider staying at a Signature Collection hotel. The Signature Collection is a conglomerate of some of New York’s finest hotels and from June 27 to September 5, 2011 they are offering guests the luxury of a complimentary 3rd night stay. Participating hotels include:
- The Carlyle – A Rosewood Hotel (35 E. 76th St)
- CALL TO BOOK: 212-744-1600 [Code: NYCC]
- Hôtel Plaza Athénée (37 E. 64th St)
- CALL TO BOOK: 800-447-8800 [Code: TNS11]
- Jumeirah Essex House (160 Central Park South)
- CALL TO BOOK: 212-484-5100 [Code: JEHNYCSUM]
- Loews Regency Hotel (540 Park Ave)
- CALL TO BOOK: 800-235-6397 [Code: LPRNYC]
- The London NYC (151 W. 54th St)
- CALL TO BOOK: 888-LONDNYC [Code: TNS11]
- The Peninsula New York (700 Fifth Ave)
- CALL TO BOOK: 800-262-9467 [Code: NYCC1104]
- The Pierre New York (2 E. 61st St)
- CALL TO BOOK: 212-838-8000 [Code: T02]
- The Ritz-Carlton New York (Central Park – 50 Central Park South)
- CALL TO BOOK: 866-671-6008 [Code: LPR]
- The Setai Fifth Avenue – A Capella Managed Hotel (400 Fifth Ave)
- CALL TO BOOK: 212-613-8630 [Code: TNS11]
- The Sherry-Netherland (781 Fifth Ave)
- CALL TO BOOK: 212-355-2800 [Code: TNS11]
- The St. Regis New York (2 E. 55th St)
- CALL TO BOOK: 800-759-7550 [Code: TNS11]
- Trump SoHo New York (246 Spring St)
- CALL TO BOOK: 877-828-7080 [Code: TNS11]
- The Waldorf Towers (100 E. 50th St)
- CALL TO BOOK: 800-925-3673 [Code: NYCC]
- The Ritz-Carlton New York [Battery Park – 2 West St]
- CALL TO BOOK: 866-922-6882 [Code: LPR]
And now, the fine print: This offer cannot be combined with any other promotions/offers/savings and is valid based on a three-night consecutive stay. It must be mentioned when making reservations unless otherwise stated. Room categories for this promotion vary by individual hotel properties. Advance reservations are required, offers are subject to availability and blackout dates may apply. Offer does not include taxes, gratuities or service charges. Offer is valid at participating locations. Offer is valid for stays through September 5, 2011. NYC & Company makes no representations or warranties about the information provided in the offer or other related collateral and hereby disclaims any responsibility for any errors, incorrect information or other misprints that may appear. Additional restrictions may apply; please see individual hotel pages for specific details.