The last weekend of July went out with a bang with some of biggest names in entertainment finally saying I do and Vera Wang sweeping the “Most Brides Donning a Fabulous Gown” award!
Chelsea Clinton says “I Do” to Marc Mezvinsky at the very historic Astor Courts in Rhinebeck, NY
Not only did Chelsea double-dress herself in Vera Wang, wearing an ivory strapless gown for the interfaith ceremony and a silk tulle cross-back Grecian gown for the reception, but Vera was also the creative inspiration and designer for the bridesmaids dresses.
- Officiated by Rabbi James Ponet
- Besides having the former President of the United States walk her down the aisle, her very high profile guest list included THE Vera Wang (Yes! We know she was not THE MOST high profile guest but sorry, we LOVE her…no one else really matters).
- Estimated price tag: $5M dollars…now there’s a PLATINUM wedding.
Alicia Keys says “I Do” to Kaseem “Swizz Beatz” Dean in Corsica, France
Grecian inspired dresses were predicted to be one of 2010’s wedding dress trends so it’s only apropos that Alicia decided to adorn her baby bump in a beautiful ivory gown designed by none other than…Vera Wang.
- Officiated by Deepak Chopra
- Guest List included Bono and Queen Latifah
Tameka “Tiny” Cottle says “I Do” to Clifford “T.I” Harris on Star Island in Miami, FL
Because I was raised to just say nothing in situations where there’s nothing good to say, I am refraining from saying much about Tiny’s strapless ivory gown designed by Valentino. Okay, just one little comment/question…if she had a wedding planner WHY didn’t they recommend a different dress? Not that it’s bad but it’s not screaming “Here Comes the Beautiful Blushing Bride” to me. Moving on…
- Officiated by former Atlanta mayor Andrew Young
- All of the “A”; including Usher Raymond, Jermaine Dupri, TLC’s Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas, Bow Wow, Nelly, Ashanti, and Trina; descended upon Miami to help the couple celebrate their long-anticipated nuptials.
Kimberly Brock says “I Do” to James Van der Beek in Tel Aviv
This wedding was probably the most overshadowed by the Clinton/Mezvinsky wedding as we couldn’t find one interesting detail, or picture, about it outside of news that Kimberly wore a Shareen Vintage dress. BOR-ING! Oh wait, like Key’s she’s pregnant!
So final tally:
- VERA WANG:2 +all of Chelsea’s Bridesmaids dresses
- VALENTINO: 1
- New Wedding Accessory: Baby bump (Oh, how I hope this isn’t the new trend!!)
Weddings to watch
Tamera Mowry, twin sister of Tia Mowry, is engaged (AGAIN) and this time she’s scheduled to wed Fox News correspondent Adam Housley in May 2011.
Congratulations to all of the Couples!! What wedding were you most anticipating? And now that the big day has passed, which one left you teary-eyed and awestruck?