Throughout life, our parents are the ones we rely upon most for guidance and emotional strength. After all, they mended our wounds after the first fall, walked us through the doors on the first day of school and dried our crying eyes after heartbreak. The mark they leave on our lives is hard to ignore and impossible to erase. Sometimes though, a day comes when our parents can no longer function alone and the parent-child roles become reversed. Admittedly, anyone who’s ever experienced it will confess that it’s a jagged little pill where the side effects include feelings of being overwhelmed, bereft of answers, and inability to find adequate help. Thankfully, the world still holds within it, individuals who care enough to help lighten the load of children caring for parents and empower elderly parents to reclaim as much of their independence as possible for as long as they can. I like to think of them as Ambassadors of the Elderly and I’d like to introduce to you to Mrs. Angela McKnight, CEO of Care About You and a diva with a big heart.
- Name: Care About You
- Established: February 2010
- What is your main line of business? We provide administrative and social services to senior citizens. The mission of Care About You is to address the needs of senior citizens and help them live life to the fullest. Whether a senior citizen cares for themselves or receives care from a loved one or caregiver, we are committed to helping senior citizens keep their independence.
- What is the inspiration behind your business? My late mother & granny. Also, seeing many seniors being neglected, mistreated, and confused as to what to do next.
- What is the best business advice you’ve ever received? Do what your heart tells you
- Hometown: Jersey City, NJ
- School Creds: BA in Business Management
- My First Job: Sears sales person in the children department
- What keeps you up at night? Nothing, I love my sleep
- What are some wise words that you live by? “This too shall pass”, “God does not give me too much to handle” and “Live your life”
- What was/is your best career decision? Leaving the corporate world to dedicate my time helping senior citizens
- Reading now: My son’s homework assignment, The Bible, God’s Little Instruction Book for Women, Entrepreneur Magazine, Black Enterprise Magazine, Time Magazine, O Magazine and the Draft of my first book for caring for senior citizens
- Reading next: Wouldn’t you say that my current list is too much to think about what’s next lol
- Last fun purchase: Broccoli and Cheese Quiche from Houlihan’s
- When you’re not working you can be found doing what? Working…lol
- Hotel: The Westin (the heavenly beds are to die for)
- Getaway: Aruba or Atlantic City
- Guilty pleasure: Pizza
Looking for More Information
5 thoughts on “EXPOSED: Angela McKnight of Care About You”
Thank you kindly Tasheea for taken the time to do this EXPOSED article. It means so much to me. Thanks for all of your continuous support and love.
I love this article, I find what Angela’s doing to be noble, much needed, and inspirational. I love the blog, it’s beautiful. Keep up the good work, I look forward to reading your next entry.
I think this is great. I LOVE MY SENIORS. This mission is near and dear to my heart because of the line of business I service in corporate….Medicare. If there is anything I can do let me know.
Great write-up!! Angela, I wish you much prosperity and many blessings with Care About You 🙂
I love the artical. I am so proud, and happy to hear that there is still good people in this world that takes the time out to care for our senior citizens.