A strange phenomenon occurred during last month’s grocery trip – I bought a bag of Oreo cookies. Needless to say, one month later they were still unopened and I needed a way to get rid of them. A quick online search for oreo desserts led me to this recipe on Clumbsy Cookie. It dates back to 1998 but is still deliciously appropriate for any special event you’re planning these days.
- 6 Oreo cookies
- 2 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
The Raw Materials:
- 1 Medium sized mixing bowl
- Small wisk
- Break apart the oreo cookies and scrape the filling to a bowl and set aside the wafers.
- To the Oreo fillings add the mascarpone and icing sugar and mix well with a small whisk.
- Mix the milk and the vanilla extract and make crumbs out of two wafers (you can do this with your fingers or press them with the bottom of a glass or rolling pin).
- In small serving plates arrange alternatively the chocolate wafers dipped in the milk and the mascarpone cream. Start with a wafer and use five for each Oreomisu.
- finish with mascarpone cream.
- Top with the wafer crumbs and refrigerate.
Sweet and simple and better yet, there’s no baking involved which makes this the perfect recipe for a spring or summer bachelorette party, girls night in or midnight nightcap for wedding guests with sweettooths. This recipe serves two but ingredients can be doubled to accommodate more.
3 thoughts on “Chew On This: Oreomisu”
My husband and son would enjoy this treat very much. They love chocolate. Now, I love it too, but this is not about me. LOL Thanks for sharing…
Interesting one! Seems like a lot of calories though 🙂
You know I am not a chocolate fan….but it looks tasty