The 1862 victory over the French army by Mexico is not only the reason for Cinco de Mayo but is a fact that is often overshadowed by the delightfully palate quenching discovery of the MARGARITA!!! And to celebrate, we’re starting our blenders and whipping up a few batches of a homemade recipe we like to call the Sassafras – a sparkling combination of fresh mint, berries, lime juice, prosecco, and of course, tequila. Are you ready to party?
The Ingredients (makes 1 serving):
- 1-Cup of Crushed Ice
- Fresh mint
- ¼ Cup of Frozen Unsweetened Strawberries
- ¼ Cup of Frozen Raspberries
- ¼ Cup of Frozen Blackberries
- 2-tbsp Lime juice
- 1 shot (1.5-ounce) of Republic tequila
- ¾-Cup of Prosecco or Sprite
- Lime or Strawberry Wedge for Garnish
The Raw Materials:
- A Blender
- Margarita Glass
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until consistency is uniform and slushy
- Pour into a margarita glass
- Adorn with lime or strawberry garnish
- Drink up and enjoy!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!!