I love hosting a dinner party! Many people look at me with the side eye when I say it but I get a total kick out of setting up my home for an evening of good company, laughter and vino. Dinner parties also afford me the opportunity to play around with food and drink recipes that I usually wouldn’t consider. I recently hosted a girls night in and included on the menu were these tasty goat cheese bruschetta. I found the recipe online (sorry, can’t recall the site) and after a trial and error batch I was well on my way to making what ended up as the most popular option on the menu. Ahhh, success!! Needless to say, it will now be a staple on the dinner party menu and if simple and easy recipes make you happy, I’m recommending this one for you!
Bruschetta with Goat Cheese, Figs and Honey
- Half loaf (5 oz.) baguette, cut into ½ inch slices
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 ripe figs, diced
- Clover honey to drizzle
The Raw Materials:
- 1 Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place baguette slices in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake 8–10 minutes, turning each slice until both sides are crisp and golden around edges
- Let cool
- Spread cheese on toasted baguette slices.
- Top with figs and lightly drizzle with honey.
You can substitute Crostini’s for the baguette. Either way, this recipe is worry-free and easy enough to make for your next bridal or baby shower. This recipe makes 13–15 slices. Bon apetit!