- The Happy Couple: Renae, 24 and Kyle, 26
- When Did He Pop the Question? October 22, 2011
- Where Did He Pop the Question? On the river in Little Falls, which is a scenic overlook located on the Kancamagus Highway in New Hampshire.
- How did it happen? Kyle had been pranking me for a couple of months. The first time, it was in front of Niagara Falls, which was a teary let down. Then he followed up while on a romantic walk through Central Park. So, I’d just lost all hope that it would happen this year, at all. But the first thing he said that fateful Saturday was, ‘Today’s your big day’…. [read more on Renae’s blog, the BubblyBlackGirl]
- Anticipated Wedding Date: Let me just say, to all the newly engaged ladies out there, wait until the calm passes to discuss a potential wedding date with your fiance. In other words, chill out, give the guy a break because he’s just done something that’s kind of a high stressed big deal. Somehow, I sold Kyle on the idea of eloping, but I didn’t mean to. So, we’ve compromised and plan on doing a destination wedding in the first half of 2013.
Barbie (nee Barbra Millicent Roberts) and longtime boyfriend, Ken Carson (better known as just Ken) met on the set of a TV commercial in 1961 and it was love at first sight. But in 2004, the couple split, landing them on the covers of toy magazines everywhere. Although never confirmed, it was rumored that the separation may have been caused by Ken’s reluctance to get married however Ken returned to Barbie’s heart in 2006 with a fresh makeover and a diamond ring!!
French photographer and owner of BdG Photography, Beatrice de Guigne, recently staged and photographed a beautifully creative and artistic reenactment of what was undoubtedly, a fairytale wedding day for the couple. The photos are gorgeous and for a moment, I almost forget I’m looking at dolls. I’ve included just a handful of the wedding pictures below but you can see the complete wedding album here. Enjoy!
Oh…ps: Beatrice, please invite me to the next party! Please and thank you!